Our 2019 Improvers' Course will again be led by David Packham, Seasonal Bee Inspector, with assistance from other beekeepers.
This course is intended for beekeepers with between 1 to 4 years of beekeeping experience and is based on Modules 1, 2 and 6 of the BBKA syllabus:
- Module 1 - Honey Bee Management.
- Module 2 - Honey Bee Products and Forage.
- Module 6 - Honey Bee Behaviour.
Students must be members of both the Devon Beekeeping Association and the British Beekeeping Association before enrolling on the course.
- The natural history of the honey bee.
- Clothing and equipment.
- Products of the beehive.
- Getting started with bees.
- The annual cycle of work in the apiary, including swarm control.
- Disease, poisoning and pests of the honey bee.
The Green Room, Broadclyst Victory Hall, Broadclyst, Exeter EX5 3EE.
- Tuesday 5th February 2019.
- Tuesday 12th February 2019.
- Tuesday 19th February 2019.
- Saturday 26th February 2019 (honey bee forage - weather permitting).
- Tuesday 5th March 2019.
- Tuesday 12th March 2019.
The sessions will run from 7pm - 9pm (with a short break for tea/coffee).
£110 per person.
Space is limited to 20 students and early booking using the booking form below is advised to avoid disappointment.
Cancellations up to one month before the course start date (6th January 2019) will be refunded in full. Cancellations after this point will receive no refund, but you may instead elect to defer to the following year subject to the payment of any increase in the course fee.